About This Book
- Design and develop top-notch, efficient, and scalable mobile automation frameworks
- Develop automation solutions quickly and effectively using real, emulated devices and mobile-specific tools
- A comprehensive and resourceful guide to automate mobile applications through user agents, emulators, and simulators
Who This Book Is ForIf you want a complete understanding of mobile automation testing and its practical implementation, then this book is for you. Familiarity with the basics of VB Script and Java along with knowledge of basic testing concepts is essential.
What You Will Learn
- Explore and configure the various types of mobile application packages for mobile test automation
- Automate mobile web applications through user agent simulation technique
- Analyze and interpret different types of test automation frameworks with respect to the mobile platform automation
- Implement techniques and set up labs to deliver a sustainable and comprehensive mobile test automation environment
- Automate and test using physical devices as well as emulation and simulation of mobile platforms
- Get in depth understanding of cloud based mobile testing and automation techniques
- Configure, manage, and maintain a mobile automation test suite for optimum productivity and Return on Investment
- Troubleshoot and employ industry best practices in a mobile testing environment
In DetailMobile testing and the cross-platform validation of applications is both a challenging and lucrative area of expertise where organizations aspire to leverage automation.
The book begins by teaching you the basics of mobile testing and automation to help you develop an in-depth understanding of mobile automation concepts and techniques. Moving on, the scalability is put into focus by taking you through learning mobile automation techniques with web browsers and progressing on to emulators and simulators. Helping you get accustomed to physical as well as cloud automation, the books lays a solid foundation for advanced topics that involve optimization and strategizing to deliver state-of-the-art solutions. Leading test automation tools such as UFT (formerly QTP) and Selenium - the leader in open source tools, along with specialized mobile test automation tools such as Experitest SeeTest and Cloud-based mobile automation solutions like Mobile Labs and Perfecto Mobile have been used to explain the concepts. By the end of the book, you will have an in-depth understanding of mobile automation techniques as well as the solutions to various challenges faced.
Chapter 2: Designing Mobile Automation Frameworks
Chapter 3: User Agent – automating Mobile Applications with Browsers
Chapter 4: Emulators and Simulators – the Automation of Emulated Devices
Chapter 5: Automating Physical Devices
Chapter 6: Automating on Cloud
Chapter 7: Optimizing Test Strategy and Estimation
Chapter 8: Delivering Customer Delight
Download Mastering Mobile Test Automation PDF or ePUB format free