- eBook:The Docker Workshop: Learn how to use Docker containers effectively to speed up the development process
- Author:Vincent Sesto, Onur Yilmaz, Sathsara Sarathchandra, Aric Renzo, Engy Fouda
- Data:October 29, 2020
- Pages:792 pages
- Get a working understanding of Docker containers by incorporating them in your development process
- Complete interesting exercises to learn how to secure and control access of your containers
- Work with advanced features of Docker to make your development process smoother and reliable
Book DescriptionNo doubt Docker Containers are the future of highly-scalable software systems and have cost and runtime efficient supporting infrastructure. But learning it might look complex as it comes with many technicalities. This is where The Docker Workshop will help you.
Through this workshop, you'll quickly learn how to work with containers and Docker with the help of practical activities.
The workshop starts with Docker containers, enabling you to understand how it works. You'll run third party Docker images and also create your own images using Dockerfiles and multi-stage Dockerfiles. Next, you'll create environments for Docker images, and expedite your deployment and testing process with Continuous Integration. Moving ahead, you'll tap into interesting topics and learn how to implement production-ready environments using Docker Swarm. You'll also apply best practices to secure Docker images and to ensure that production environments are running at maximum capacity. Towards the end, you'll gather skills to successfully move Docker from development to testing, and then into production. While doing so, you'll learn how to troubleshoot issues, clear up resource bottlenecks and optimize the performance of services.
By the end of this workshop, you'll be able to utilize Docker containers in real-world use cases.
What you will learn
- Get a solid understanding of how Docker containers work
- Network Docker images and environments to allow communication between services
- Build and publish docker images from a CI/CD pipeline
- Use Docker Swarm to implement production-ready environments
- Find out how to replace Swarm with Kubernetes clusters
- Extend your Docker images with Plugins
Who this book is forThis is the right learning asset if you are a developer or a beginner who wants to get a practical understanding of Docker containers. If you have experienced in running command shells or knowledge of IntelliJ, atom, or VSCode editors, then you will grasp the topics covered here quickly.
- Running My First Docker Container
- Getting Started with Dockerfiles
- Managing Your Docker Images
- Multi-Stage Dockerfiles
- Composing Environments with Docker Compose
- Introduction to Docker Networking
- Docker Storage
- CI/CD Pipeline
- Docker Swarm
- Docker Security
- Best Practices
- Monitoring Docker Metrics
- Collecting Container Logs
- Extending Docker with Plugins
Download The Docker Workshop: Learn how to use Docker containers effectively to speed up the development process PDF or ePUB format free