- eBook:Delphi GUI Programming with FireMonkey: Unleash the full potential of the FMX framework to build exciting cross-platform apps with Embarcadero Delphi
- Author:Andrea Magni
- Data:November 10, 2020
- Pages:546 pages
- Delve into the FireMonkey framework and explore its powerful capabilities
- Enhance the user experience by using various technologies included in Delphi and FMX
- Boost developer productivity through the cross-platform capabilities enabled by the framework
Book DescriptionFireMonkey (FMX) is a cross-platform application framework that allows developers to create exciting user interfaces and deliver applications on multiple operating systems (OS). This book will help you learn visual programming with Delphi and FMX.
Starting with an overview of the FMX framework, including a general discussion of the underlying philosophy and approach, you'll then move on to the fundamentals and architectural details of FMX. You'll also cover a significant comparison between Delphi and the Visual Component Library (VCL). Next, you'll focus on the main FMX components, data access/data binding, and style concepts, in addition to understanding how to deliver visually responsive UIs. To address modern application development, the book takes you through topics such as animations and effects, and provides you with a general introduction to parallel programming, specifically targeting UI-related aspects, including application responsiveness. Later, you'll explore the most important cross-platform services in the FMX framework, which are essential for delivering your application on multiple platforms while retaining the single codebase approach. Finally, you'll learn about FMX's built-in 3D functionalities.
By the end of this book, you'll be familiar with the FMX framework and be able to build effective cross-platform apps.
What you will learn
- Explore FMX's fundamental components with a brief comparison to VCL
- Achieve visual responsiveness through alignment capabilities and layout components
- Enrich the user experience with the help of transitions and visual animations
- Get to grips with data access and visual data binding
- Build exciting and responsive UIs for desktop and mobile platforms
- Understand the importance of responsive applications using parallel programming
- Create visual continuity through your applications with TFrameStand and TFormStand
- Explore the 3D functionalities offered by FMX
Who this book is forThis book is for Delphi developers who are looking to discover the full potential of the FireMonkey framework in order to build interactive cross-platform GUI applications and achieve an optimal UI/UX. Basic familiarity with Delphi programming and the VCL will be beneficial but not mandatory.
Download Delphi GUI Programming with FireMonkey: Unleash the full potential of the FMX framework to build exciting cross-platform apps with Embarcadero Delphi PDF or ePUB format free