- eBook:Beginning jQuery: From the Basics of jQuery to Writing your Own Plug-ins
- Author:Jack Franklin, Russ Ferguson
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:November 17, 2017
- Pages:190 pages
Throughout this book, you'll discover how expressive yet concise jQuery’s code is and how much quicker and efficiently you can develop with jQuery. Beginning jQuery takes you from the basics of getting you started with jQuery, right through to extending jQuery by writing your own plug-ins. You'll discover best practices you can follow, how you can avoid common mistakes, and learn about the many other assets that jQuery has to offer.
This second edition is completely updated for jQuery version 3.x, including integration with npm, and guidelines for working with the Data set API specification.
What You'll Learn
- Use jQuery’s powerful tools to dynamically update content on your site, including DOM manipulation.
- Extend jQuery’s capabilities by writing your own plugins on top of the framework.
- Animate elements and build your own jQuery slider.
- Employ best practices and avoid common errors made by beginners.
Web developers confident with HTML and CSS and now ready to get to grips with jаvascript and for the developers wanting to enhance their skill set and learn new tools.
Chapter 2: The Basics of jQuery
Chapter 3: Traversing the DOM
Chapter 4: DOM Manipulation with jQuery
Chapter 5: An Introduction to Events
Chapter 6: More Events
Chapter 7: Animation
Chapter 8: Ajax with jQuery
Chapter 9: Writing a jQuery Plug-in
Chapter 10: More jQuery Plug-ins
Chapter 11: A jQuery Image Slider
Download Beginning jQuery: From the Basics of jQuery to Writing your Own Plug-ins PDF or ePUB format free