You’ll understand how Webix can integrate with other popular libraries and frameworks including Angular, Vue, React and more (as well as third-party components like dHTMLx and rich text editors). You will learn tangential topics including communication with back-end systems (Node.js and common related tooling), packaging as a Cordova app and, of course, you will learn how to use Webix following the Progressive Web App delivery mechanism.
Offering a complete solution in a single bundle, this jаvascript UI framework provides a rich set of interface components, application architecture direction and commonly-needed utility and ancillary capabilities.Every topic will be taught a practical way, explored within the context of building real-world working apps, not through unrelated snippets. Bringing 25 years of professional development experience to the table, author Frank Zammetti uses his unique levity to teach you how to get up and running with this new and upcoming framework.
What You’ll Learn
- Explore the capabilities and UI widgets it provides and the features that make it stand out from its competitors
- Build one web technology-based app that works on both desktops and mobile devices (Android and iOS)
- Create and hook a Webix app up to a Node.js/Express-based RESTful server API for data storage
- Mobilize a Webix app using both PhoneGap and Progressive Web App techniques
- Enhance your Webix and general development skills in the most fun way possible: by building a game
Moderately experienced front-end developers who want to learn about Webix and the power it brings to client-side development.
Developers looking to use their web development skills to build cross-platform apps that work on both desktop and mobile devices with Webix as the foundation.
A working knowledge of CSS, HTML and JavsScript is assumed, though you don’t need to be an expert.
Chapter 2: Getting to Know Webix
Chapter 3: Getting to Know Webix Even More!
Chapter 4: Webix: The Final Frontier
Chapter 5: Getting Practical: Building wxPIM
Chapter 6: Getting Practical: Building wxPIM Redux
Chapter 7: Taking wxPIM to the Desktop
Chapter 8: Taking wxPIM to the Cloud
Chapter 9: Packaging wxPIM with PhoneGap
Chapter 10: The Fun Side of Webix: A Game!
Download Practical Webix: Learn to Expedite and Improve your Web Development PDF or ePUB format free