About the Technology
Build your next game without sweating the low-level details. The Unity game development platform handles the heavy lifting, so you can focus on game play, graphics, and user experience. With support for C# programming, a huge ecosystem of production-quality prebuilt assets, and a strong dev community, Unity can get your next great game idea off the drawing board and onto the screen!
About the Book
Unity in Action, Second Edition teaches you to write and deploy games with Unity. As you explore the many interesting examples, you'll get hands-on practice with Unity's intuitive workflow tools and state-of-the-art rendering engine. This practical guide exposes every aspect of the game dev process, from the initial groundwork to creating custom AI scripts and building easy-to-read UIs. And because you asked for it, this totally revised Second Edition includes a new chapter on building 2D platformers with Unity's expanded 2D toolkit.
- Revised for new best practices, updates, and more!
- 2D and 3D games
- Characters that run, jump, and bump into things
- Connect your games to the internet
1. Getting to know Unity
2. Building a demo that puts you in 3D space
3. Adding enemies and projectiles to the 3D game
4. Developing graphics for your game
Part 2 - Getting comfortable
5. Building a Memory game using Unity’s 2D functionality
6. Creating a basic 2D Platformer
7. Putting a GUI onto a game
8. Creating a third-person 3D game: player movement and animation
9. Adding interactive devices and items within the game
Part 3 - Strong finish
10. Connecting your game to the internet
11. Playing audio: sound effects and music
12. Putting the parts together into a complete game
13. Deploying your game to players’ devices
Download Unity in Action: Multiplatform game development in C#, 2nd Edition PDF or ePUB format free