You know how to dash off a quick Google search, but do you know how to go further with your searching to get everything you actually need?
Written in an engaging, conversational tone, this handy guide introduces you to shortcuts and some of the hidden features and filters offered by many search tools―such as limiting by site, domain, or date―and to several free but little-known search tools. With concrete examples and practical how-to tips, you'll learn to effectively search Google, Wolfram Alpha, social media platforms, and other internet search tools―and how to teach your patrons to do the same. The information comprised in this volume can be easily shared with patrons to help them in their searches and may be used in information literacy courses.
- Conduct more effective Google searches
- Become familiar with hidden features and filters offered by many search tools
- Learn about several different free search tools and when to use each
- Teach patrons practices to independently find information
2. Using Other Google Sites Effectively
3. Multimedia Searching
4. Social Media Searching
5. Finding Old Websit
6. Data, Statistics, Comparisons