- eBook:Modern Web Testing with TestCafe: Get to grips with end-to-end web testing with TestCafe and jаvascript
- Author:Dmytro Shpakovskyi
- Data:September 30, 2020
- Pages:168 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Build a proof-of-concept project to demonstrate your familiarity with TestCafe
- Discover useful tips and best practices for building production-ready and fault-tolerant tests
- Write clean and maintainable tests by refactoring your codebase using PageObject pattern
Book DescriptionTestCafe is an open source end-to-end testing framework that combines unmatched ease of use with advanced automation and robust built-in stability mechanisms. This book is a comprehensive, project-based introduction to TestCafe that will show you how to use the TestCafe framework and enable you to write fast and reliable tests; plus you'll have a proof of concept ready to demonstrate the practical potential of TestCafe.
You'll begin by learning how to write end-to-end web tests using the TestCafe syntax and features of the TestCafe framework. You'll then go from setting up the environment all the way through to writing production-ready tests. You'll also find out how to build a sample set of tests in a step-by-step manner and use TestCafe to log in to the website, verify the elements present on different pages, create/delete entities, and run custom jаvascript code. As you advance, you'll delve into several stages of refactoring that will take you through the showcase setup/teardown and PageObject patterns. While this test suite is relatively simple to build, it showcases some of the most prominent features of TestCafe. Finally, this TestCafe book will show you how the tests can be run on a free and simple-to-use website, without requiring you to build and deploy your own servers or backend services.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to write and enhance end-to-end tests with TestCafe to solve real-world problems and deliver results.
What you will learn
- Understand the basic concepts of TestCafe and how it differs from classic Selenium
- Find out how to set up a TestCafe test environment
- Run TestCafe with command-line settings
- Verify and execute TestCafe code in the browser
- Automate end-to-end testing with TestCafe using expert techniques
- Discover best practices in TestCafe development and learn about the future roadmap of TestCafe
Who this book is forThe book is for QA professionals, test engineers, software engineers, and test automation enthusiasts looking for hands-on guidance on learning about TestCafe. This book is also great for full-stack developers who want to learn more about new tools for testing their code. The book assumes a basic understanding of jаvascript, Node.js, HTML, CSS, and some simple Bash commands.
|Download in .PDF format||Download in .ePUB format|
Chapter 2: Exploring TestCafe Under the Hood
Chapter 3: Setting Up the Environment
Chapter 4: Building a Test Suite with TestCafe
Chapter 5: Improving the Tests
Chapter 6: Refactoring with PageObjects
Chapter 7: Findings from TestCafe
Download Modern Web Testing with TestCafe: Get to grips with end-to-end web testing with TestCafe and jаvascript PDF or ePUB format free