- eBook:Learn Blockchain by Building One: A Concise Path to Understanding Cryptocurrencies
- Author:Daniel van Flymen
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:October 31, 2020
- Pages:204 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Develop your own blockchain using Python with step-by-step instructions from author Daniel van Flyman, an expert in the field. You will come away with a confident working knowledge of popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum and which foundations make them work. Through helpful exercises and real-world examples, you will understand the core concepts of peer-to-peer networking, Proof of Work, hashing, encryption, and digital signatures.
Learn Blockchain by Building One gives you timely, real-world lessons in blockchain and cryptocurrencies that you will need as our modern society becomes increasingly digitally sophisticated. The lasting implications of such technology, such as the security of personal transactions and the role of government regulation, are not to be underestimated. Stay ahead of the curve and become a confident blockchain builder now!
What You Will Learn
- Develop a fully-fledged blockchain in Python
- Obtain a ground-up understanding of of Proof of Work
- Grasp core cryptographic concepts, such as hashing, encryption, and digital signatures
- Understand how gossip protocols and peer-to-peer networking works by implementing a TCP client-server
- Realize the differences and trade-offs between popular blockchains such as Bitcoin and Ethereum
This book is aimed at intermediate programmers in any area from finance to academia. Readers should be comfortable reading and writing basic Python.
Chapter 2: A Way to Identify Everything
Chapter 3: Blockchains
Chapter 4: Proof of Work
Chapter 5: Networking
Chapter 6: Cryptography 101
Chapter 7: Creating a Transactional Node
Chapter 8: Comparisons to Real-World Decentralized Networks