- Understand how to use SAS macros for standardizing extract, transform, and load (ETL) protocols
- Develop and use data curation files for effective warehouse management
- Learn how to develop and manage ETL, policies, and print and web reports that meet user needs
Book DescriptionSAS is used for various functions in the development and maintenance of data warehouses because of its reputation of being able to handle big data. This SAS software book is designed to get you up to speed with SAS and how to implement it effectively in the real world.
You will learn the pros and cons of data storage in SAS and how to document and design extract-transform-load (ETL) protocols for SAS processes. As you progress, the book will show you how the use of SAS arrays and macros can help standardize ETL. Toward the concluding chapters, you will also examine approaches for serving up data using SAS, along with understanding how connecting SAS to other systems can enhance a data warehouse user's experience.
By the end of this SAS book, you'll have a foundational understanding of the roles that SAS plays in a warehouse environment and you'll be able to make the right decisions when designing your data warehousing processes involving SAS.
What you will learn
- Develop efficient ways to manage data input/output (I/O) in SAS
- Create and manage extract, transform, and load (ETL) code in SAS
- Standardize ETL through macro variables, macros, and arrays
- Identify data warehouse users and ensure their needs are met
- Design crosswalk and other variables to serve analyst needs
- Maintain data curation files to improve communication and management
- Use the output delivery system (ODS) for print and web reporting
- Connect other products to SAS to optimize storage and reporting
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for managers leading data projects, and programmers or developers using SAS who want to effectively maintain a data lake, data mart, or data warehouse.
Chapter 1: Using SAS in a Data Mart, Data Lake, or Data Warehouse
Chapter 2: Reading Big Data into SAS
Chapter 3: Helpful PROCs for Managing Data
Chapter 4: Managing ETL in SAS
Chapter 5: Managing Data Reporting in SAS
Section 2: Using SAS for Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) Protocols in a Data Warehouse
Chapter 6: Standardizing Coding Using SAS Arrays
Chapter 7: Designing and Developing ETL Code in SAS
Chapter 8: Using Macros to Automate ETL in SAS
Chapter 9: Debugging and Troubleshooting in SAS
Section 3: Using SAS When Serving Warehouse Data to Users
Chapter 10: Considering the User Needs of SAS Data Warehouses
Chapter 11: Connecting the SAS Data Warehouse to Other Systems
Chapter 12: Using the ODS for Visualization in SAS
Download Mastering SAS Programming: Advanced programming and management with SAS PDF or ePUB format free