- eBook:Hands-On Data Science for Marketing: Improve your marketing strategies with machine learning using Python and R
- Author:Yoon Hyup Hwang
- Data:March 29, 2019
- Pages:464 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Understand how data science drives successful marketing campaigns
- Use machine learning for better customer engagement, retention, and product recommendations
- Extract insights from your data to optimize marketing strategies and increase profitability
Book DescriptionRegardless of company size, the adoption of data science and machine learning for marketing is witnessing an exponential rise in the industry. With this book, you'll learn to implement data science techniques to identify the factors behind the successes and failures of marketing campaigns. With the help of this guide, you'll also be able to understand and predict customer behavior, and create more effectively targeted and personalized marketing strategies.
You'll first get to grips with performing simple through to advanced tasks, such as extracting hidden insights from data and using them to make smart business decisions. The book will further guide you through understanding what drives sales and increases customer engagement for your products. You'll also get up to speed with implementing machine learning to predict which customers are more likely to engage with your products and have a high lifetime value. In addition to this, you'll focus on how to use machine learning techniques to understand different customer segments and recommend the right products for each customer. As you explore further chapters, you'll not only learn how to gain insights into consumer behavior using exploratory analysis, but also discover the concept of A/B testing and implement it using Python and R.
By the end of this book, you will be well-versed with a variety of data science and machine learning techniques to run and manage successful marketing campaigns for your business.
What you will learn
- Learn how to compute and visualize marketing KPIs in Python and R
- Apply data science to gain comprehensive insights into what drives successful marketing campaigns
- Use machine learning to predict customer lifetime value (CLV)
- Make product recommendations based on what customers are most likely to buy
- Understand how to use A/B testing for better marketing decision making
- Implement machine learning to understand different customer segments
Who this book is forIf you are a marketing professional, data scientist, engineer, or student who wants to learn how to apply data science to marketing, this book is for you. Beginners will also find the book useful as it covers basic through to advanced data science concepts and applications in marketing with real-life examples. Basic knowledge of either Python or R will be beneficial to help you work through the examples.
Chapter 1: Data Science and Marketing
Section 2: Descriptive Versus Explanatory Analysis
Chapter 2: Key Performance Indicators and Visualizations
Chapter 3: Drivers behind Marketing Engagement
Chapter 4: From Engagement to Conversion
Section 3: Product Visibility and Marketing
Chapter 5: Product Analytics
Chapter 6: Recommending the Right Products
Section 4: Personalized Marketing
Chapter 7: Exploratory Analysis for Customer Behavior
Chapter 8: Predicting the Likelihood of Marketing Engagement
Chapter 9: Customer Lifetime Value
Chapter 10: Data-Driven Customer Segmentation
Chapter 11: Retaining Customers
Section 5: Better Decision Making
Chapter 12: A/B Testing for Better Marketing Strategy
Chapter 13: What's Next?