- eBook:Website Scraping with Python: Using BeautifulSoup and Scrapy
- Author:Gábor László Hajba
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:September 15, 2018
- Pages:241 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Website Scraping with Python starts by introducing and installing the scraping tools and explaining the features of the full application that readers will build throughout the book. You'll see how to use BeautifulSoup4 and Scrapy individually or together to achieve the desired results. Because many sites use jаvascript, you'll also employ Selenium with a browser emulator to render these sites and make them ready for scraping.
By the end of this book, you'll have a complete scraping application to use and rewrite to suit your needs. As a bonus, the author shows you options of how to deploy your spiders into the Cloud to leverage your computer from long-running scraping tasks.
What You'll Learn
- Install and implement scraping tools individually and together
- Run spiders to crawl websites for data from the cloud
- Work with emulators and drivers to extract data from scripted sites
Readers with some previous Python and software development experience, and an interest in website scraping.
Chapter 2: Enter the Requirements
Chapter 3: Using Beautiful Soup
Chapter 4: Using Scrapy
Chapter 5: Handling jаvascript
Chapter 6: Website Scraping in the Cloud