- eBook:Personal Finance with Python: Using pandas, Requests, and Recurrent
- Author:Max Humber
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:July 21, 2018
- Pages:133 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
In Personal Finance with Python you will learn Python and finance at the same time by creating a profit calculator, a currency converter, an amortization schedule, a budget, a portfolio rebalancer, and a purchase forecaster. Many of the examples use pandas, the main data manipulation tool in Python. Each chapter is hands-on, self-contained, and motivated by fun and interesting examples.
Although this book assumes a minimal familiarity with programming and the Python language, if you don't have any, don't worry. Everything is built up piece-by-piece and the first chapters are conducted at a relaxed pace. You'll need Python 3.6 (or above) and all of the setup details are included.
What You'll Learn
- Work with data in pandas
- Calculate Net Present Value and Internal Rate Return
- Query a third-party API with Requests
- Manage secrets
- Build efficient loops
- Parse English sentences with Recurrent
- Work with the YAML file format
- Fetch stock quotes and use Prophet to forecast the future
Anyone interested in Python, personal finance, and/or both! This book is geared towards those who want to manage their money more effectively and to those who just want to learn or improve their Python.
Chapter 2: Profit
Chapter 3: Convert
Chapter 4: Amortize
Chapter 5: Budget
Chapter 6: Invest
Chapter 7: Spend