- eBook:Hands-On RESTful API Design Patterns and Best Practices: Design, develop, and deploy highly adaptable, scalable, and secure RESTful web APIs
- Author:Harihara Subramanian, Pethuru Raj
- Data:January 31, 2019
- Pages:378 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Understand advanced topics such as API gateways, API securities, and cloud
- Implement patterns programmatically with easy-to-follow examples
- Modernize legacy codebase using API connectors, layers, and microservices
Book DescriptionThis book deals with the Representational State Transfer (REST) paradigm, which is an architectural style that allows networked devices to communicate with each other over the internet. With the help of this book, you'll explore the concepts of service-oriented architecture (SOA), event-driven architecture (EDA), and resource-oriented architecture (ROA). This book covers why there is an insistence for high-quality APIs toward enterprise integration.
It also covers how to optimize and explore endpoints for microservices with API gateways and touches upon integrated platforms and Hubs for RESTful APIs. You'll also understand how application delivery and deployments can be simplified and streamlined in the REST world. The book will help you dig deeper into the distinct contributions of RESTful services for IoT analytics and applications.
Besides detailing the API design and development aspects, this book will assist you in designing and developing production-ready, testable, sustainable, and enterprise-grade APIs. By the end of the book, you'll be empowered with all that you need to create highly flexible APIs for next-generation RESTful services and applications.
What you will learn
- Explore RESTful concepts, including URI, HATEOAS, and Code on Demand
- Study core patterns like Statelessness, Pagination, and Discoverability
- Optimize endpoints for linked microservices with API gateways
- Delve into API authentication, authorization, and API security implementations
- Work with Service Orchestration to craft composite and process-aware services
- Expose RESTful protocol-based APIs for cloud computing
Who this book is forThis book is primarily for web, mobile, and cloud services developers, architects, and consultants who want to build well-designed APIs for creating and sustaining enterprise-class applications. You'll also benefit from this book if you want to understand the finer details of RESTful APIs and their design techniques along with some tricks and tips.
Chapter 2: Design Strategy, Guidelines, and Best Practices
Chapter 3: Essential RESTful API Patterns
Chapter 4: Advanced RESTful API Patterns
Chapter 5: Microservice API Gateways
Chapter 6: RESTful Services API Testing and Security
Chapter 7: RESTful Service Composition for Smart Applications
Chapter 8: RESTful API Design Tips
Chapter 9: A More In-depth View of the RESTful Services Paradigm
Chapter 10: Frameworks, Standard Languages, and Toolkits
Chapter 11: Legacy Modernization to Microservices-Centric Apps