- eBook:Quantum Computing: Program Next-Gen Computers for Hard, Real-World Applications
- Author:Nihal Mehta Ph. D.
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:September 8, 2020
- Pages:582 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Quantum computing overhauls computer science. Problems such as designing life-saving drugs and super-large logistics problems that have been difficult or impossible for classical computers to handle can now be solved in moments. Quantum computing makes it possible to explore all possible solutions simultaneously and determine those that work, instead of iterating through each possibility sequentially. Work with quantum computers directly, instead of talking about them theoretically.
Discover a new visual way of looking at quantum bits that makes quantum computing intuitive for computer programmers. Master the special properties that make them different, and more powerful, than classical bits. Control quantum bits with gates and create circuits to model complex problems. Write programs that run on real quantum machines to solve problems that classical computers struggle with. Dive into quantum optimization and cryptography.
Get a head start on the technology that will drive computer science into the future.
2. Goodbye Mr. Bits—From Classical to Quantum Bits
3. Elementary, My Dear Watson—Quantum Logic
4. All Together Now—Quantum Superposition
5. Beam Me Up, Scotty—Quantum Tagging and Entangling
6. Designer Genes—Custom Quantum States
7. Small Step for Man—Single Qubit Programs
8. Giant Leap for Mankind—Multi-Qubit Programs
9. Alice in Quantumland—Quantum Cryptography
10. Quantum Search
11. Where to Go from Here