- eBook:Java: High-Performance Apps with Java 9: Boost your application's performance with the new features of Java 9
- Author:Mayur Ramgir, Nick Samoylov
- Data:March 13, 2018
- Pages:194 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Tackle all kinds of performance-related issues and streamline your development
- Dive into the new features of Java 9
- Implement highly efficient and reliable codes with the help of new APIs of Java
- Embedded with assessments that will help you revise the concepts you have learned in this book
Book DescriptionJava 9 which is one of the most popular application development languages. The latest released version Java 9 comes with a host of new features and new APIs with lots of ready to use components to build efficient and scalable applications. Streams, parallel and asynchronous processing, multithreading, JSON support, reactive programming, and microservices comprise the hallmark of modern programming and are now fully integrated into the JDK.
This book focuses on providing quick, practical solutions to enhance your application's performance. You will explore the new features, APIs, and various tools added in Java 9 that help to speed up the development process. You will learn about jshell, Ahead-of-Time (AOT) compilation, and the basic threads related topics including sizing and synchronization. You will also explore various strategies for building microservices including container-less, self-contained, and in-container.
This book is ideal for developers who would like to build reliable and high-performance applications with Java.
This book is embedded with useful assessments that will help you revise the concepts you have learned in this book. This book is repurposed for this specific learning experience from material from Packt's Java 9 High Performance by Mayur Ramgir and Nick Samoylov
What you will learn
- Familiarize with modular development and its impact on performance
- Learn various string-related performance improvements, including compact string and modify string concatenation
- Explore various underlying compiler improvements, such as tiered attribution and Ahead-of-Time (AOT) compilation
- Learn security manager improvements
- Understand enhancements in graphics rasterizers
- Use of command-line tools to speed up application development
- Learn how to implement multithreading and reactive programming
- Build microservices in Java 9
- Implement APIs to improve application code
Who This Book Is ForThis book is targeted at developers who would like to build reliable and high-performance applications with Java.
Lesson 2: Tools for Higher Productivity and Faster Application
Lesson 3: Multithreading and Reactive Programming
Lesson 4: Microservices
Lesson 5: Making Use of New APIs to Improve Your Code