• Complete, illustrated coverage from a master locksmith.
• Techniques and tips for lockpicking and fixing.
• Safe opening and servicing techniques.
• Coverage of electronic and high-security mechanical locks.
• Auto lock opening and servicing how-tos.
• An all-new Registered Locksmith test.
• How to conduct a home security survey
• How to start and run a locksmithing business, or get hired as a locksmith.
Chapter 2. Tools of the Trade
Chapter 3. Types of Locks and Keys
Chapter 4. Warded Locks
Chapter 5. Lever Tumbler Locks
Chapter 6. Disc Tumbler Locks
Chapter 7. Pin Tumbler Locks
Chapter 8. High-Security Mechanical Locks
Chapter 9. Masterkeying
Chapter 10. Detention Locks and Hardware
Chapter 11. Buying and Selling Safes
Chapter 12. Keyed Padlocks
Chapter 13. Home and Business Services
Chapter 14. Lock Picking and Impressioning
Chapter 15. Servicing Automotive Locks
Chapter 16. Opening Locked Cars
Chapter 17. Emergency and Forced Entry Procedures
Chapter 18. Combination Locks
Chapter 19. Electrical Access and Exit Control Systems
Chapter 20. Working as a Locksmith
Chapter 21. Key Duplicating Machines
Chapter 22. Test Your Knowledge
Chapter 23. Making Locks by Hand
Chapter 24. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions