- eBook:Java 9 Programming Blueprints: Master features like Modular Programming, Java http 2.0, and REPL by building numerous applications
- Author:Jason Lee
- Data:July 27, 2017
- Pages:466 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- See some of the new features of Java 9 and be introduced to parts of the Java SDK
- This book provides a set of diverse, interesting projects that range in complexity from fairly simple to advanced and cover HTTP 2.0
- Take advantage of Java's new modularity features to write real-world applications that solve a variety of problems
Book DescriptionJava is a powerful language that has applications in a wide variety of fields. From playing games on your computer to performing banking transactions, Java is at the heart of everything.
The book starts by unveiling the new features of Java 9 and quickly walks you through the building blocks that form the basis of writing applications. There are 10 comprehensive projects in the book that will showcase the various features of Java 9. You will learn to build an email filter that separates spam messages from all your inboxes, a social media aggregator app that will help you efficiently track various feeds, and a microservice for a client/server note application, to name a few. The book covers various libraries and frameworks in these projects, and also introduces a few more frameworks that complement and extend the Java SDK.
Through the course of building applications, this book will not only help you get to grips with the various features of Java 9, but will also teach you how to design and prototype professional-grade applications with performance and security considerations.
What you will learn
- Learn how to package Java applications as modules by using the Java Platform Module System
- Implement process management in Java by using the all-new process handling API
- Integrate your applications with third-party services
Chapter 2: Managing Processes in Java
Chapter 3: Duplicate File Finder
Chapter 4: Date Calculator
Chapter 5: Sunago - A Social Media Aggregator
Chapter 6: Sunago - An Android Port
Chapter 7: Email and Spam Management with MailFilter
Chapter 8: Photo Management with PhotoBeans
Chapter 9: Taking Notes with Monumentum
Chapter 10: Serverless Java
Chapter 11: DeskDroid - A Desktop Client for Your Android Phone
Chapter 12: What's Next?