- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Step-by-step instructions that will help you integrate Haml into your current application setup and development workflow
- Learn how to speed up development of view templates
- Understand Haml options, configuration and Rails-specific features
Haml is a markup language used to rapidly develop Rails view templates (or HTML pages). It is used by professional developers and praised for its cleanliness, human friendliness and usage agility. It functions as a replacement for inline page templating systems such as PHP, ASP, and ERB - the templating language used in most Ruby on Rails applications. Haml is itself a description of HTML and hence it avoids the need for explicitly coding HTML into the template with some code to generate dynamic content.
A practical guide which shows you a number of examples of Haml usage and then lets you dive into more advanced features to help you take full advantage of rapid development of view templates in your Rails applications. This book will show you how you can use Haml to create beautiful, easily maintainable and concise view templates without the hassle of writing in HTML.
Starting by showing you how to install Haml and how to integrate it into your Rails application, this practical guide will then teach you how to create the elements of a view template. This book will introduce you to the important features of Haml, show you how to integrate Haml with your development editor, and how to make it work with the Twitter Bootstrap framework.
This book will also show you how to convert existing view templates. With this book, you will be able to integrate Haml into your current application setup and development workflow.
What you will learn from this book
- Download and install Haml
- Integrate Haml with your Rails application
- Convert all existing view templates automatically
- Add Haml to your development editor
- Use Haml with Twitter Bootstrap Framework
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A fast-paced, example-based guide to teach you how to integrate Haml into your Rails application.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer who would like to speed up and simplify your view template creation, this book is ideal for you. A basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS, as well as some Ruby on Rails experience is recommended.
Download Instant Haml PDF or ePUB format free