- eBook:Monitoring Microservices and Containerized Applications: Deployment, Configuration, and Best Practices for Prometheus and Alert Manager
- Author:Navin Sabharwal, Piyush Pandey
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:October 15, 2020
- Pages:321 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
You’ll then use enterprise tools such as AppDynamics and Wavefront to discover deeper application monitoring best practices. You’ll conclude with fully automated deployment of the monitoring and management platforms integrated with the container ecosystem using infrastructure-as -code tools such as Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform. The book provides sample code and best practices for you to look at container monitoring from a holistic viewpoint.
This book is a good starting point for developers, architects, and administrators who want to learn about monitoring and management of cloud native and microservices containerized applications.
What You Will Learn
- Examine the fundamentals of container monitoring
- Get an overview of the architecture for Prometheus and Alert Manager
- Enable Prometheus monitoring for containers
- Monitor containers using Wavefront
- Use the guidelines on container monitoring with enterprise solutions AppDynamics and Wavefront
Software developers, system administrators, and DevOps engineers working for enterprise customers who want to use monitoring solutions for their container ecosystems.
Chapter 2: Getting Started with Containers
Chapter 3: Getting Started with Prometheus and Alert Manager
Chapter 4: Container Infrastructure Monitoring
Chapter 5: Working with Prometheus Query Language (PromQL)
Chapter 6: Container Reporting & Dashboards
Chapter 7: Container Application Monitoring Using Dynatrace
Chapter 8: Container Application Monitoring Using Sysdig
Chapter 9: Automation and Orchestration of Container Monitoring