- eBook:Java Unit Testing with JUnit 5: Test Driven Development with JUnit 5
- Author:Shekhar Gulati, Rahul Sharma
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:November 12, 2017
- Pages:164 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Unit testing and test driven development have now become part of every developer's skill set. For Java developers, the most popular testing tool has been JUnit, and JUnit 5 is built using the latest features of Java. With Java Unit Testing with JUnit 5, you'll master these new features, including method parameters, extensions, assertions and assumptions, and dynamic tests. You'll also see how to write clean tests with less code.
This book is a departure from using older practices and presents new ways of performing tests, building assertions, and injecting dependencies.
What You Will Learn
- Write tests the JUnit 5 way
- Run your tests from within your IDE
- Integrate tests with your build and static analysis tools
- Migrate from JUnit 4 to JUnit 5
Java developers both with and without any prior unit testing experience.
Chapter 2: Understanding Core JUnit 5
Chapter 3: Developing an Application with JUnit 5
Chapter 4: Dependency Injection, Mocking, Testing Traits, and Grouping Tests
Chapter 5: Testing Exceptions
Chapter 6: Integrating Tools
Chapter 7: JUnit 5 Extension Model
Chapter 8: Dynamic Tests and Migration from JUnit 4