- eBook:SQL Coding For Beginners: A Smart Guide For Absolute Beginners To Learn SQL Database And Server. Learn It Faster And Remember It Longer
- Author:Leonard Base
- Data:February 2, 2020
- Pages:157 pages
How many times have you thought about learning how to code but got discouraged because you had no technical background, didn’t have the time to learn, or you just didn’t think you were smart enough?
Well, we have good news for you.
You don’t need an expensive computer science degree, a 500 page textbook or a genius mind to learn the basics of SQL!
Today our Digital lives have inundated companies with large volumes of data that is stored and maintained using the database management systems. One of the most widely used type of database management systems is called “RDBMS” or “Relational Database Management System”. Now, data storage is only touches the surface of capabilities expected from a “RDBMS”, the most vital functionality offered by these systems pertains to the ability of a user or company to not only organize and view the underlying data but also to make updates to the original data set while ensuring the security of this valuable data. This is where a programming language, such as, SQL is used to define, manipulate, control and query the data within a RDBMS.
This book will serve as your guiding beacon through the journey of learning a programming language for RDBMS, using a free and open MySQL user interface that can be easily installed on your operating system, so you can get hands-on practice and be able to create not only correct but efficient SQL queries to succeed at work or during job interviews.
Some of the highlights of this book are:
• Learn the fundamental concepts of SQL language, along with the five fundamental types of SQL queries namely, Data definition language (DDL), Data manipulation language (DML), Data control language (DCL), Data query language (DQL) and a Transaction control language (TCL).
• Learn the “SQL CREATE” statements and the vital concept of SQL constraints used with the “SQL ALTER” statements with hands-on exercises and examples.
• Get familiar with are a variety of user interfaces available with MySQL servers including “MySQL workbench”, “Sequel Pro”, “Toad”, among others.
• Get hands-on practice for creation of a whole new database and subsequently learn to create tables and insert data into those tables on the MySQL server.
• Learn the concept of temporary tables, derived tables and how you can create a new table from an existing table.
• Master the “SQL SELECT” statements along with the various data manipulation clauses including “ORDER BY” and “WHERE”.
• Deep dive into the concept of joins presented with different “SQL JOIN” functions such as “INNER JOIN”, “LEFT JOIN”, “RIGHT JOIN”, “CROSS JOIN” and “SELF JOIN”.
• Learn the “MySQL UNION” and “MySQL UNION ALL” statements are presented in detail along with the distinction between MySQL join and union functions.
• Learn the “CREATE VIEW” statement is explained along with the underlying processing algorithms used in MySQL such as, "MERGE", "TEMPTABLE" and "UNDEFINED".
• Master the concept of “Updatable SQL Views” with an understanding of how to modify SQL views using “ALTER VIEW” and “CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW” statements.
• Deep dive into the concept of SQL transactions and various SQL transaction statements with controlling clauses such as, “START TRANSACTION”, “COMMIT”, “ROLLBACK”.
The syntaxes of all the SQL statement or queries are explained in exquisite detail, along with examples and pictures of the result set that you can expect to obtain while performing hands-on execution of the given examples on your own MySQL instance.
Even if you have no idea how to use SQL Programming, with this guide you can learn all the secrets to do it very quickly!
Want To Know More?
Chapter 2. Creating A Database Using Sql And Maintaining Data Integrity
Chapter 3. Sql Joins And Union Commands
Chapter 4. Sql Views And Transactions
Chapter 5. Database Security And Administration
Download SQL Coding For Beginners: A Smart Guide For Absolute Beginners To Learn SQL Database And Server. Learn It Faster And Remember It Longer PDF or ePUB format free