This third edition of Practical Skills in Forensic Science builds upon the excellent foundation of its predecessors and provides an easy-to-read guide to help you develop the skills you need to succeed. It retains the key features of earlier editions, with a layout that explains the essential elements of practical techniques and procedures in a step-by-step manner to help you understand their application in the context of forensic science.
- Coverage of a wide range of practical aspects from fingerprint recovery, trace evidence examination, bodily fluid examination and DNA analysis, as well as broader skills such as tackling numerical problems and passing exams.
- Case examples, guidelines for documentation and reporting results, plus advice on the legal aspects of forensic science provide you with an understanding of the professional role of a forensic scientist.
- New material on personal development planning, learning styles, e-learning and avoiding plagiarism.
- Updated sections on software for graphical and statistical analysis.
- Worked examples and ‘How To’ boxes provide practical guidance and support.
- Key points highlight critical features of methodology.
- Use of margin tips, definitions and illustrations throughout.
- Additional sources of further study identified for every chapter.
- Safety notes highlight specific hazards and appropriate practical steps to minimise risk.
- Study exercises (and answers) in each chapter help to reinforce learning.
Fundamental laboratory techniques
Fundamental instrumental techniques
The investigative approach to crime scene investigation
Information technology and library resources
Analysis and presentation of data
Study and examination skills
Download Practical Skills in Forensic Science, 3rd Edition PDF or ePUB format free