Grails in Action is a comprehensive look at Grails for Java developers. It coversthe nuts and bolts of the core Grails components and is jam-packed withtutorials, techniques, and insights from the trenches.
The book starts with an overview of Grails and how it can help you get your webdev mojo back. Then it walks readers through a Twitter-style social networkingapp-built in Grails, of course-where they implement high-interest featureslike mashups, AJAX/JSON, animation effects, full text search, rounded corners,and lots of visual goodness. The book also covers using Grails with existing Javatechnology, like Spring, Hibernate, and EJBs.
1. Grails in a hurry...
2. The Groovy essentials
PART 2 CORE GRAILS
3. Modeling the domain
4. Putting the model to work
5. Controlling application flow
6. Developing tasty views, forms, and layouts
7. Building reliable applications
PART 3 EVERYDAY GRAILS
8. Using plugins: adding Web 2.0 in 60 minutes
9. Wizards and workflow with webflows
10. Don’t let strangers in—security
11. Remote access
12. Understanding messaging and scheduling
PART 4 ADVANCED GRAILS
13. Advanced GORM kung fu
14. Spring and transactions
15. Beyond compile, test, and run
16. Plugin development