The main aim of this book is to teach D Programming Language to readers who are new to computer programming. Although having experience in other programming languages is certainly helpful, this book starts from the basics.
D is a multi-paradigm system programming language that combines a wide range of powerful programming concepts from the lowest to the highest levels. It has C-like syntax and static typing. It pragmatically combines efficiency, control, and modeling power, with safety and programmer productivity in mind.
Each chapter is based on the contents of the previous ones, introducing as few new concepts as possible. It is recommended that the book is read in linear fashion, without skipping chapters if possible.
Although this book was written with beginners in mind, it covers almost all features of D. More experienced programmers can use the book as a D language reference by starting from the index section.
The D Programming Language is an authoritative and comprehensive introduction to D. Reflecting the author’s signature style, the writing is casual and conversational, but never at the expense of focus and precision. It covers all aspects of the language (such as expressions, statements, types, functions, contracts, and modules), but it is much more than an enumeration of features.
Inside the book you will find:
- In-depth explanations, with idiomatic examples, for all language features
- How feature groups support major programming paradigms
- Rationale and best-use advice for each major feature
- Discussion of cross-cutting issues, such as error handling, contract programming, and concurrency
- Tables, figures, and “cheat sheets” that serve as a handy quick reference for day-to-day problem solving with D
Download D Programming Language: 2020 Edition PDF or ePUB format free