- eBook:Observational Sketching: Hone Your Artistic Skills by Learning How to Observe and Sketch Everyday Objects
- Author:Mariko Higaki
- Pages:128 pages
Perspective, proportion, lines, shapes, shading, and many other techniques can be learned through everyday practice and observation of the items you come in contact with everyday, from a backpack to your sunglasses. This book addresses how to approach sketching a range of shapes and materials and how to disassemble each object to accurately capture its unique design elements. Inspiration and examples from the author and other well-known artists accompany a variety of projects that you can try right away and skill-building projects that will strengthen your talent. Find within:
- An introduction to observational sketching
- The basic concepts and tools used in observational sketching
- Observation techniques
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions for creating observational sketches of 20 common objects, from a alarm clock to a wooden stool
- Hone your artistic skills with this daily sketching practice. Whether you are an urban sketcher or an industrial designer, this books should be part of your reference collection.
Chapter 2. Fundamentals of Sketching You Can Use Right Away
Chapter 3. How to Observe
Chapter 4. Let’s Do Some Observational Sketching!
Download Observational Sketching: Hone Your Artistic Skills by Learning How to Observe and Sketch Everyday Objects PDF or ePUB format free