- eBook:Roguelike Development with jаvascript: Build and Publish Roguelike Genre Games with jаvascript and Phaser
- Author:Andre Alves Garzia
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:October 10, 2020
- Pages:342 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Roguelikes are very popular with indie developers because of their focus on gameplay over graphics. You’ll see why they appeal to game designers on a budget and discover that they serve as a good platform to experiment with novel ideas and designs. Along the way, you’ll cover the increasingly popular roguelite genre that provides a hyper casual form of the genre that is approachable and often mobile.
After reading this book, you’ll be ready to create your own roguelikes, to dive deep into procedural generation, and also to bring some of the techniques shown here into other genres and game projects.
What You Will Learn
- Make use of procedural generation for dungeons, mazes, monsters, and treasure
- Pick up skills to use Phaser to build games
- Implement turn-based mechanics
- Use tile-based graphics
Game developers who want to build something fun and who have at least some prior jаvascript programming experience.
Chapter 2: Introduction to Phaser
Chapter 3: Dungeoning
Chapter 4: Enemies and Permadeath
Chapter 5: Treasures and Equipment
Chapter 6: Character Classes
Chapter 7: Procedurally Generated Monsters and Items
Chapter 8: Procedurally Generated Dungeons
Chapter 9: Finished Game