- eBook:Wireshark Network Security: A succinct guide to securely administer your network using Wireshark
- Author:Piyush Verma
- Data:July 1, 2015
- Pages:138 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
About This Book
- Make the most of Wireshark by breezing through all its features and analyzing network security threats
- Full of scenarios faced by security analysts along with comprehensive solutions
- Packed with step-by-step instructions to walk you through the capabilities of Wireshark
If you are network administrator or a security analyst with an interest in using Wireshark for security analysis, then this is the book for you. Basic familiarity with common network and application services terms and technologies is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with the robust features offered by Wireshark
- Use the powerful command-line utilities shipped with Wireshark
- Analyze numerous threats to network security using Wireshark
- Investigate attacks performed using popular security tools such as Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, and more
- Solve real-world CTF challenges using Wireshark
- Create your own security-related profile in Wireshark
- Configure Wireshark for effective network troubleshooting
- Get accustomed to common scenarios faced by security analysts
- Analyze malware traffic successfully by using Wireshark
- Unearth anomalies hampering the speed of network communications
Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer for network analysis and troubleshooting.
This book will walk you through exploring and harnessing the vast potential of Wireshark, the world's foremost network protocol analyzer.
The book begins by introducing you to the foundations of Wireshark and showing you how to browse the numerous features it provides. You'll be walked through using these features to detect and analyze the different types of attacks that can occur on a network. As you progress through the chapters of this book, you'll learn to perform sniffing on a network, analyze clear-text traffic on the wire, recognize botnet threats, and analyze Layer 2 and Layer 3 attacks along with other common hacks.
By the end of this book, you will be able to fully utilize the features of Wireshark that will help you securely administer your network.
Chapter 2: Tweaking Wireshark
Chapter 3: Analyzing Threats to LAN Security
Chapter 4: Probing E-mail Communications
Chapter 5: Inspecting Malware Traffic
Chapter 6: Network Performance Analysis