- eBook:Software Quality: Concepts and Practice
- Author:Daniel Galin
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:March 27, 2018
- Pages:720 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- A broad view of SQA. The book delves into SQA issues, going beyond the classic boundaries of custom-made software development to also cover in-house software development, subcontractors, and readymade software.
- An up-to-date wide-range coverage of SQA and SQA related topics. Providing comprehensive coverage on multifarious SQA subjects, including topics, hardly explored till in SQA texts.
- A systematic presentation of the SQA function and its tasks: establishing the SQA processes, planning, coordinating, follow-up, review and evaluation of SQA processes.
- Focus on SQA implementation issues. Specialized chapter sections, examples, implementation tips, and topics for discussion.
- Pedagogical support: Each chapter includes a real-life mini case study, examples, a summary, selected bibliography, review questions and topics for discussion. The book is also supported by an Instructor’s Guide.
Chapter 1: SQA – Definitions and Concepts
Chapter 2: Software Quality Factors (Attributes)
Chapter 3: The Software Quality Challenges
Chapter 4: Organization for Assuring Software Quality
Chapter 5: The SQA World – An Overview
Part II: SQA Process Implementation Activities
Chapter 6: Establishing SQA Processes and Their Coordination with Relevant Software Processes
Chapter 7: SQA Plan and Project Plan
Chapter 8: Preproject Process – Contract Review
Chapter 9: Cost of Software Quality
Chapter 10: The Effectiveness and Cost of a V&V Plan – The SQA Model
Chapter 11: SQA Records and Documentation Control
Part III: Product Assurance Activities for Conformance
Chapter 12: Evaluation of Products for Conformance
Chapter 13: Reviews
Chapter 14: Software Testing
Chapter 15: Assuring Software Quality Conformance for Operation Services
Chapter 16: Software Product Quality Metrics
Chapter 17: Procedures and Work Instructions
Part IV: Process Assurance Activities for Conformance
Chapter 18: Evaluation of Processes and Development Environment for Conformance
Chapter 19: Improvement Processes – Corrective and Preventive Actions
Chapter 20: Software Process Assurance Activities for External Participants
Chapter 21: Software Process Quality Metrics
Chapter 22: Software Change Control Processes
Chapter 23: Staff Skills and Knowledge – Training and Certification
Part V: Additional Tools and Methods Supporting Software Quality
Chapter 24: Templates and Checklists
Chapter 25: Configuration Management
Chapter 26: Case Tools and IDEs – Impact on Software Quality