You’ll see how to take advantage of the security layer in order to avoid unwanted security holes, and how to use TypeScript to develop your applications without having to manually set up a build process. You'll also learn how to create and use modules without having to depend on a package manager, and much more. Armed with these newly learned concepts, by the time you finish this book, you’ll be ready to build and test your own Deno applications.
Whether you’re a brand new developer to the back end with a jаvascript background or a seasoned Node.js developer looking to understand this competing technology, Introducing Deno will put you on the right path.
What You'll Learn
- Learn why Deno was created and why it is different from Node
- Build real applications using Deno and related technologies
- Create backend applications with Typescript
- Resolve how to live without npm and package.json
- Set permissions and default behavior
Anyone with knowledge of back-end development looking to learn a new way of doing things and those with a basic understanding of jаvascript and Node.js core concepts.
Chapter 2: An Introduction to TypeScript
Chapter 3: Living a Secure Life
Chapter 4: No More NPM
Chapter 5: Existing Modules
Chapter 6: Putting It All Together—Sample Apps