- eBook:WordPress for Beginners 2020: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering WordPress
- Author:Dr. Andy Williams
- Data:December 18, 2019
- Pages:222 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Building a beautiful, professional looking WordPress website (or a blog), is no longer the domain of computer geeks. WordPress makes it possible for anyone to create and run a website that looks great on any device – PC, Mac, tablet and phone. Whether you want to build a business site, an affiliate site, a hobby site or a blog, WordPress is a great choice.
The primary goal of this book is to take anyone, even an absolute beginner, from zero to WordPress “guru” in a few short hours.
Inside this book, veteran WordPress expert Andy Williams will start at the very beginning. You’ll learn important topics like:
- The two different versions of WordPress.
- Website hosting and domain registrars. How to set this up the correct way.
- How to install WordPress.
- An overview of the Dashboard.
- Cleaning out the stuff that is installed by default.
- Finding and installing WordPress themes to instantly change the look and feel of your website.
- Plugins. What they are and how you can use them to create magnificent websites.
- How to update WordPress, themes and plugins.
- Understand every single Dashboard setting and use our defaults if you want.
- How to find and use the RSS feeds on your site to help search engines find your content.
- The importance of user profiles, and how to assign a “Gravatar” image to your email address.
- How to create great navigation systems on your site, with custom menus, internal linking and related post sections.
- Enabling and dealing with visitor comments.
- Using the media library for images, video and more.
- The difference between pages and posts, and when to use each one.
- Effective use of categories and tags. Using these incorrectly can get your site penalised or even banned from search engines.
- How to create content using both the Classic editor and the new Gutenberg editor.
- How to publish posts, and even schedule them so they will be published at some future date.
- Using post revisions.
- Two different types of homepage. A blog style page v a more traditional “static” homepage.
- Using widgets on your site to add neat features.
- Types of sites you can build with WordPress (blog, business, typical site), with videos on setting these up.
- Automatically take backups and get them sent to the cloud.
- Creating a contact page so visitors can contact you.
- Add a related posts section to the end of every post to keep visitors on site longer.
- Setup good SEO practices.
- Setup social sharing buttons on your site, so visitors can easily tell their friends about your great web pages.
Download WordPress for Beginners 2020: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering WordPress PDF or ePUB format free