If you've worked on a web development project of any size, you've probably used Git, the most broadly adopted distributed version control system available. It enables you to store different versions of project files and directories, so you can roll back to an earlier one if something goes wrong. And since it's distributed, it smoothes the path for dev team collaboration.
This short, practical book will help you to:
- Understand Git's core philosophy.
- Get started with Git: install it, learn the basic commands, and set up your first project.
- Work with Git as part of a collaborative team.
- Use Git's debugging tools for maximum debug efficiency.
- Master Git workflow
- Take control with Git's advanced features: reflog, rebase, stash, and more.
- Use Git with cloud-based Git repository host services like Github and Bitbucket.
- See how Git's used effectively on large open-source projects.
Chapter 2: Getting Started with Git
Chapter 3: Branching in Git
Chapter 4: Using Git in a Team
Chapter 5: Git Workflows
Chapter 6: Correcting Errors While Working with Git
Chapter 7: Unlocking Git’s Full Potential
Chapter 8: Integrate Git in Your Development Cycle
Chapter 9: Git GUI Tools
Chapter 10: Conclusion
Download Jump Start Git, 2nd Edition PDF or ePUB format free