- eBook:SQL and Relational Theory: How to Write Accurate SQL Code, 3rd Edition
- Author:C. J. Date
- Edition:3 edition
- Data:November 16, 2015
- Pages:582 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
This third edition has been revised, extended, and improved throughout. Topics whose treatment has been expanded include data types and domains, table comparisons, image relations, aggregate operators and summarization, view updating, and subqueries. A special feature of this edition is a new appendix on NoSQL and relational theory.
- Could you write an SQL query to find employees who have worked at least once in every programming department in the company? And be sure it’s correct?
- Why is proper column naming so important?
- Nulls in the database cause wrong answers. Why? What you can do about it?
- How can image relations help you formulate complex SQL queries?
- SQL supports "quantified comparisons," but they’re better avoided. Why? And how?
Chapter 2. Types and Domains
Chapter 3. Tuples and Relations, Rows and Tables
Chapter 4. No Duplicates, No Nulls
Chapter 5. Base Relvars, Base Tables
Chapter 6. SQL and Relational Algebra I: The Original Operators
Chapter 7. SQL and Relational Algebra II: Additional Operators
Chapter 8. SQL and Constraints
Chapter 9. SQL and Views
Chapter 10. SQL and Logic
Chapter 11. Using Logic to Formulate SQL Expressions
Chapter 12. Miscellaneous SQL Topics