- eBook:SecureCSocial: Secure Cloud-Based Social Network
- Author:Pradeep K Atrey, Kasun Senevirathna
- Data:August 14, 2019
- Pages:160 pages
This book presents a way to tackle the security and privacy issues in current OSNs through a new framework for online social networking, based on distributed cloud-based datacenters (CDCs) and using Shamir's secret sharing (SSS) as the method of encrypting user profile data. The framework aims to fulfill two contradictory goals: maintaining the utility of an OSN and preserving privacy of its users. The key feature of the framework lies in relinquishing control of a central authority over user's data (which is what usually happens in the current OSNs, e.g. Facebook keeps all our data) and distributing it to multiple CDCs in encrypted form. The use of SSS ensures perfect security, which means that the security of data does not rely on any unproven computational assumptions.
In this unique book, SNOs are considered as an adversary instead of external adversary. This paves the way for researchers to think beyond the privacy setting mechanism within an OSN to protect users' data.
2. Background and Related Work
Part II - SecureCSocial: Network Architecture and Functions
3. The Fundamental Network Architecture and Other Preliminaries of the Proposed Solution
4. Operations and Functions in the Proposed OSN
Part III - Prototype Implementation and Analysis of SecureCSocial
5. Security Analysis of the Proposed Architecture
6. Feasibility, Performance, and Scalability Analysis
7. Conclusions and Future Works
Download SecureCSocial: Secure Cloud-Based Social Network PDF or ePUB format free