- eBook:Bots! Robotics Engineering: with Hands-On Makerspace Activities
- Author:Kathy Ceceri, Lena Chandhok
- Data:October 8, 2019
- Pages:128 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Explore the roles robots play in our world and learn about the history, engineering, and key players from STEAM education expert Kathy Ceceri. Bots! Robotics Engineering with Makerspace Activities for Kids contains loads of hands-on robotics projects that help kids learn design, engineering, and coding. Find out what the future of robotics may bring, and how to develop your own innovative robots!
In Bots! Robotics Engineering with Makerspace Activities for Kids, you'll learn the how, why, and who behind the robots we have today.
- Explore the history of robots and artificial intelligence and read about important innovators such as Ada Lovelace, Charles Babbage, Nikola Tesla, Alan Turing, Dean Kamen, and Cynthia Breazeal -- along with kids who are making their own mark in the world of robotics!
- Use the Design Thinking Process as you create projects such as a hydraulic robot arm, an ArtBot with a programmable body, a Solar Powered Wobblebot made from recycled parts, and a gravity-powered mini robot walker.
- Learn coding basics through pen-and-paper activities and explore free online programming languages such as MIT's Scratch and Microsoft's MakeCode. You can even discover how hardware and software interact by coding your own recycled robot!
- Essential questions, links to online primary resources, fascinating facts and brief sidebars help readers learn the basics of robotics while exploring their creativity as they design and build their own robots and robotic components.
Chapter 2. Robotic Shapes and Jobs
Chapter 3. Actuators: Making Robots Move
Chapter 4. How Robots Do Things
Chapter 5. Sensors: What Is Going On?
Chapter 6. Controllers: How Robots Think
Chapter 7. AI and the Future of Robotics