- eBook:Wireless Network Security: Introduction and Explanation of Cybersecurity and Hacking Technology for Wireless System, Kali Linux Tools and Other
- Author:Richard Meyers
- Data:November 10, 2019
- Pages:165 pages
Have you heard stories of people who have hacked into companies' computer systems, stolen precious data, and sold it for millions of dollars to the highest bidders online?
On the other hand, you must have watched the news and one of the stories was about a Hacker who gained credit card or bank information of numerous random individuals and made millions of dollars for himself. Some Hackers are living in exile in countries that allow them to hide from the people, companies, or governments that they hacked sensitive information. Others do not have to leave the country because no one knows their identity, but everyone knows their skills and the damage they could cause. However, it should not be an easy job, but due to the increase in "smart" gadgets in our homes, offices and pockets hackers now find other ways to access our lives with greater ease.
In an ideal situation, all computer networks would be safe from any form of interference and people would be free to share and upload information with confidence. However, we still have to arrive at this ideal situation, because even the best systems in the world have their vulnerabilities.
The objective of this book is to help the reader to understand how we have come since before the invention of the Internet to where we are now with the emphasis on Network security. The book addresses the most common threats that wireless networks face, the measures security organizations have put in place to address the risks, and the steps an individual can make to improve his or her chances of better security.
Some of the main topics this book address include the following:
- A summary of Guglielmo Marconi's history from radio waves to modern Wi-Fi
- Descriptions and differences of Wireless security protocols i.e. WEP, WPA, and WPA2
- Threats and typical vulnerabilities of a wireless network
- A detailed explanation of Information security vs Cybersecurity
- Computer security in Wireless networks
- The Cybersecurity framework and its processes
- The Main security measures against hacking attacks……and much more!
Chapter 2: What is the Wi-Fi Alliance?
Chapter 3: Wireless Security Protocols
Chapter 4: Threats and Vulnerabilities of a Wireless Network
Chapter 5: Information Security or Cybersecurity
Chapter 6: The Various Modes/Types of Hacking Attacks
Chapter 7: Tools Used for Hacking
Chapter 8: Main Security Measures Against Hacking Attacks
Download Wireless Network Security: Introduction and Explanation of Cybersecurity and Hacking Technology for Wireless System, Kali Linux Tools and Other PDF or ePUB format free