- eBook:Beginning Ractive.js: A Practical Introduction to Ractive.js using Real-World Examples
- Author:Alex Libby
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:December 18, 2017
- Pages:306 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Beginning Ractive.js takes the view that you shouldn’t always resort to what “everyone else uses”, and that there is indeed a different way you can achieve the same result. We live in an age where speed and simplicity are of the essence - this book provides a perfect alternative that challenges the norm. Stop thinking you must use the same library as everyone else. Give Ractive a try!
What You'll Learn
- Understand how Ractive.js works and how it differs to other templating frameworks
- Source and manage data using Ractive.js’ data binding methods
- Gain an appreciation of managing events and animations using Ractive.js
- Create components that contain reusability functionality for current or future projects
- Work through real-world project examples using the Ractive.js library
Website developers who are keen to develop a fully interactive, template-driven website quickly, but don't have the desire to learn a more heavyweight framework, such as AngularJS.
Agile development teams, where time is of the essence, and the pressure is on to deliver results quickly.
Developers who want to focus on simplicity, where the library works for them, and they are not constrained by having to follow a particular methodology.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Ractive
Chapter 2: Creating Templates
Part II: In More Detail
Chapter 3: Binding Data
Chapter 4: Handling Events
Chapter 5: Animating Content
Chapter 6: Creating Components
Chapter 7: Building Plugins
Part III: Putting Ractive to Use
Chapter 8: Using Ractive
Chapter 9: Putting It All Together
Chapter 10: Creating a Shopping Cart