- eBook:Mastering Blockchain: A deep dive into distributed ledgers, consensus protocols, smart contracts, DApps, cryptocurrencies, Ethereum, and more, 3rd Edition
- Author:Imran Bashir
- Edition:3 edition
- Data:August 31, 2020
- Pages:816 pages
- Updated with four new chapters on consensus algorithms, Ethereum 2.0, tokenization, and enterprise blockchains
- Dive deep into foundational pillars of blockchain technology such as decentralization, cryptography, and consensus protocols
- Get to grips with Solidity, Web3, cryptocurrencies, smart contract development and solve scalability, security, and privacy issues
- Discover the architecture of different distributed ledger platforms including Ethereum, Bitcoin, Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Sawtooth, Corda, and Quorum
Book DescriptionBlockchain technology is the backbone of cryptocurrencies, and it has applications in finance, government, media, and many other industries. With a legacy of providing technologists with executable insights, the third edition of Mastering Blockchain is thoroughly revised and updated with the latest blockchain research, including four new chapters on consensus algorithms, Serenity (Ethereum 2.0), tokenization, and enterprise blockchains.
Apart from covering the basics, including blockchain's technical underpinnings, cryptography, and consensus protocols, this book provides you with expert knowledge on decentralization, decentralized application development on Ethereum, Bitcoin, alternative coins, smart contracts, alternative blockchains, and Hyperledger.
Furthermore, you will explore how to implement blockchain solutions beyond cryptocurrencies, such as the Internet of Things with blockchain, blockchain scalability, enterprise blockchains, and tokenization using blockchain, and the future scope of this fascinating and disruptive technology.
By the end of this book, you will have gained a thorough understanding of the various facets of blockchain technology and be comfortable applying them to diverse real-world scenarios.
What you will learn
- Grasp the mechanisms behind Bitcoin, Ethereum, and alternative cryptocurrencies
- Understand cryptography and its usage in blockchain technology
- Understand the theoretical foundations of smart contracts
- Develop decentralized applications using Solidity, Remix, Truffle, Ganache, and Drizzle
- Identify and examine applications of blockchain beyond cryptocurrencies
- Understand the architecture and development of Ethereum 2.0
- Explore research topics and the future scope of blockchain technology
Who this book is forIf you are a technologist, business executive, a student or an enthusiast who wishes to explore the fascinating world of blockchain technology, smart contracts, decentralized applications and distributed systems then this book is for you. Basic familiarity with a beginner-level command of a programming language would be a plus.
3. Symmetric Cryptography
4. Public Key Cryptography
5. Consensus Algorithms
6. Introducing Bitcoin
7. The Bitcoin Network and Payments
8. Bitcoin Clients and APIs
9. Alternative Coins
10. Smart Contracts
11. Ethereum 101
12. Further Ethereum
13. Ethereum Development Environment
14. Development Tools and Frameworks
15. Introducing Web3
19. Blockchain – Outside of Currencies
20. Enterprise Blockchain
21. Scalability and Other Challenges
22. Current Landscape and What's Next
Download Mastering Blockchain: A deep dive into distributed ledgers, consensus protocols, smart contracts, DApps, cryptocurrencies, Ethereum, and more, 3rd Edition PDF or ePUB format free