- eBook:Learning Tableau 2020: Create effective data visualizations, build interactive visual analytics, and transform your organization, 4th Edition
- Author:Joshua N. Milligan
- Edition:4 edition
- Data:August 31, 2020
- Pages:576 pages
- Explore the latest Tableau 2020 features and redefine business analytics for your firm
- Understand visualizing data and creating interactive dashboards to gain meaningful insights
- Learn implementing effective data storytelling to redefine how your business leverages data and makes decisions
Book DescriptionLearning Tableau strengthens your command on Tableau fundamentals and builds on advanced topics.
The book starts by taking you through foundational principles of Tableau. We then demonstrate various types of connections and how to work with metadata. We teach you to use a wide variety of visualizations to analyze and communicate the data, and introduce you to calculations and parameters. We then take an in-depth look at level of detail (LOD) expressions and use them to solve complex data challenges. Up next, we show table calculations, how to extend and alter default visualizations, build an interactive dashboard, and master the art of telling stories with data.
This Tableau book will introduce you to visual statistical analytics capabilities, create different types of visualizations and dynamic dashboards for rich user experiences. We then move on to maps and geospatial visualization, and the new Data Model capabilities introduced in Tableau 2020.2. You will further use Tableau Prep's ability to clean and structure data and share the stories contained in your data.
By the end of this book, you will be proficient in implementing the powerful features of Tableau 2020 for decision-making.
What you will learn
- Develop stunning visualizations to explain complex data with clarity
- Explore exciting new Data Model capabilities
- Connect to various data sources to bring all your data together
- Leverage Tableau Prep Builder's amazing capabilities for data cleaning and structuring
- Create and use calculations to solve problems and enrich the analytics
- Master advanced topics such as sets, LOD calculations, and much more
- Enable smart decisions with data clustering, distribution, and forecasting
- Share your data stories to build a culture of trust and action
Who this book is forThis Tableau book is for anyone who wants to understand data. If you're new to Tableau, don't worry. This book will simplify Tableau for beginners to build on the foundations to help you understand how Tableau really works and then builds on that knowledge with practical examples before moving on to advanced techniques.
Having a bit of background with data will help, but you don't need to know scripting, SQL or database structures.
2. Connecting to Data in Tableau
3. Moving Beyond Basic Visualizations
4. Starting an Adventure with Calculations and Parameters
5. Leveraging Level of Detail Calculations
6. Diving Deep with Table Calculations
7. Making Visualizations That Look Great and Work Well
8. Telling a Data Story with Dashboards
9. Visual Analytics – Trends, Clustering, Distributions, and Forecasting
10. Advanced Visualizations
11. Dynamic Dashboards
12. Exploring Mapping and Advanced Geospatial Features
13. Understanding the Tableau Data Model, Joins, and Blends
14. Structuring Messy Data to Work Well in Tableau
15. Taming Data with Tableau Prep
16. Sharing Your Data Story
Download Learning Tableau 2020: Create effective data visualizations, build interactive visual analytics, and transform your organization, 4th Edition PDF or ePUB format free