- eBook:Introduction to Data Visualization & Storytelling: A Guide For The Data Scientist
- Author:Jose Berengueres, Ali Fenwick, Marybeth Sandell
- Data:July 28, 2019
- Pages:164 pages
In this book, you will learn by example how to visualize the fascinating topics of gender equality, inclusion, solar energy and bias. You will also learn, What is the role of a narrative in a graphic; The foundations of visual narratives and what is the relationship between data, information and knowledge. The authors (a Kaggle master, a Bloomberg ex bureau chief and a psychology professor) bring together concepts of Data Science, Design Thinking and Strategy to take the reader on a journey where the destination is nothing less than great visual storytelling.
You can be an MBA candidate, an instructor, a strategy consultant or an entrepreneur, this book explains the visual fundamentals for building graphics that convince decisivelyDesigned as a series of Socratic exercises, this book is for you if you work with Excel, SPSS, or Tableau; no data skills or special math skills are required.
What will you learn? (learning outcomes)
- Identify the role of a narrative in a graphic.
- Transform data into information.
- Synthesize knowledge from data.
- Apply visual thinking tools to the decision-making process.
- Select visual communication techniques to persuade.
- Detect biases and lies in charts.
Chapter 2. Visualizing Information
Chapter 3. Knowledge
Chapter 4. Charts to Think
Chapter 5. Making your chart pop
Chapter 6 Psychology of Visualization
Chapter 7. Detecting Bias
Download Introduction to Data Visualization & Storytelling: A Guide For The Data Scientist PDF or ePUB format free