- eBook:Exploring C++20: The Programmer's Introduction to C++, 3rd ed. Edition
- Author:Ray Lischner
- Edition:3 edition
- Data:September 11, 2020
- Pages:699 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Exploring C++20 acknowledges that C++ can be a complicated language, so rather than baffle you with complex chapters explaining functions, classes, and statements in isolation you’ll focus on how to achieve results. By learning a little bit of this and a little of that you’ll soon have amassed enough knowledge to be writing non-trivial programs and will have built a solid foundation of experience that puts those previously baffling concepts into context.
In this fully-revised third edition of Exploring C++, you’ll learn how to use the standard library early in the book. Next, you’ll work with operators, objects, and data-sources in increasingly realistic situations. Finally, you’ll start putting the pieces together to create sophisticated programs of your own design confident that you’ve built a firm base of experience from which to grow.
What You Will Learn
- Grasp the basics, including compound statements, modules, and more
- Work with custom types and see how to use them
- Write useful algorithms, functions, and more
- Discover the latest C++ 20 features, including concepts, modules, and ranges
- Apply your skills to projects that include a fixed-point numbers and body-mass index applications
- Carry out generic programming and apply it in a practical project
- Exploit multiple inheritance, traits/policies, overloaded functions, and metaprogramming
Experienced programmers who may have little or no experience with C++ who want an accelerated learning guide to C++20 so they can hit the ground running.