- eBook:Unreal for Mobile and Standalone VR: Create Professional VR Apps Without Coding
- Author:Cornel Hillmann
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:April 13, 2019
- Pages:324 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Gear VR, the Oculus Go and other Android based VR HMDs are becoming exciting new platforms for immersive business presentations, entertainment and educational solutions. The Unreal engine, one of the world’s most powerful and popular game engines, is now free to use and has become increasingly popular for real-time visualizations and enterprise solutions in recent years.
With Unreal's powerful blueprint visual scripting system, non-coders can now design blueprints in Unreal, unlock the power of rapid prototyping, and create complex interactions without a line of code. Get your copy of Unreal for Mobile and Standalone VR today and begin using this powerful tool-set to create high-end VR apps for a wide range of applications from games, B2B, to education.
What You'll Learn
- Explore the VR ecosystem, including history, recent trends and future outlook
- Review tool set, graphics and animation pipeline (Blender, Zbrush, Substance Painter and others)
- Examine graphics optimization techniques
- Set up a project and the target platform
- Design interaction with Unreal blueprints
- Deployments, testing, further optimization
Multimedia designers, CG artists, producers, app developers. No coding experience is required.
Chapter 2: VR Production Tools, Workflow, and Pipeline
Chapter 3: Before You Start
Chapter 4: Unreal for VR: Basic Ingredients for an Oculus Go Project Setup
Chapter 5: Comparing the Gear VR, Oculus Go, and Oculus Quest
Chapter 6: Creating an Interactive VR Presentation
Chapter 7: An Introduction to Creating VR Game Mechanics
Chapter 8: Performance, Profiling, and Optimizations
Chapter 9: Conclusion and Resources