- eBook:Unity 2020 Mobile Game Development: Discover practical techniques and examples to create and deliver engaging games for Android and iOS, 2nd Edition
- Author:John P. Doran
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:August 21, 2020
- Pages:464 pages
- Create, deploy, and monetize captivating and immersive games on Android and iOS platforms
- Take your games into the real world by adding augmented reality features to your mobile projects
- Kick-start your mobile game development journey with step-by-step instructions and a demo game project
Book DescriptionUnity 2020 brings a lot of new features that can be harnessed for building powerful games for popular mobile platforms. This updated second edition delves into Unity development, covering the new features of Unity, modern development practices, and augmented reality (AR) for creating an immersive mobile experience. The book takes a step-by-step approach to building an endless runner game using Unity to help you learn the concepts of mobile game development.
This new edition also covers AR features and explains how to implement them using ARCore and ARKit with Unity. The book explores the new mobile notification package and helps you add notifications for your games. You'll learn how to add touch gestures and design UI elements that can be used in both landscape and portrait modes at different resolutions. The book then covers the best ways to monetize your games using Unity Ads and in-app purchases before you learn how to integrate your game with various social networks. Next, using Unity's analytics tools, you'll enhance your game by gaining insights into how players like and use your game. Finally, you'll take your games into the real world by implementing AR capabilities and publishing them on both Android and iOS app stores.
By the end of this book, you will have learned Unity tools and techniques and be able to use them to build robust cross-platform mobile games.
What you will learn
- Design responsive user interfaces for your mobile games
- Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements for your mobile games
- Create interesting gameplay elements using inputs from your mobile device
- Explore the mobile notification package in Unity game engine to keep players engaged
- Create interactive and visually appealing content for Android and iOS devices
- Monetize your game projects using Unity Ads and in-app purchases
Who this book is forIf you are a game developer or mobile developer who wants to learn Unity and use it to build mobile games for iOS and Android, then this Unity book is for you. Prior knowledge of C# and Unity will be beneficial but is not mandatory.
Chapter 2. Project Setup for Android and iOS Development
Chapter 3. Mobile Input/Touch Controls
Chapter 4. Resolution-Independent UI
Chapter 5. Advertising Using Unity Ads
Chapter 6. Implementing In-App Purchases
Chapter 7. Getting Social
Chapter 9. Using Unity Analytics
Chapter 10. Making Your Title Juicy
Chapter 11. Game Build and Submission
Chapter 12. Augmented Reality
Download Unity 2020 Mobile Game Development: Discover practical techniques and examples to create and deliver engaging games for Android and iOS, 2nd Edition PDF or ePUB format free