Key Selling Points:
- The first in a series of books that focus entirely on a singular game design system or mechanic, in this case: jumping.
- A perfect read for anyone interested in understanding game design, or just curious from a historical standpoint.
- A must read for anyone interested in building their own platformer or just interested in the history of the game industry’s most famous game mechanic.
- This book is a perfect companion for someone building their first game or as part of a game design classroom.
- Includes real game examples to highlight the discussed topics and mechanics.
2. The First Jumps
3. Committed Jumping
4. Variable Jumping
5. The 2D Mascot Platformer Era
6. Basic 2D Design
7. Advanced 2D Design
8. The Adventure Platformer
9. Puzzle Platforming and Design
10. First-Person Jumping Design
11. The 3D Platformer Era
12. Three D Design
13. The AAA Shift Away from Platformers
14. The Indie Impact
15. Physics-Driven Platformer Design
16. Super Mario Maker and Kaizo Culture
17. Expert 2D Design
Download Game Design Deep Dive: Platformers PDF or ePUB format free