- eBook:The React Workshop: A New, Interactive Approach to Learning React
- Author:Brandon Richey, Endre Vegh, Ryan Yu, Theofanis Despoudis, Anton Punith
- Data:August 11, 2020
- Pages:460 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Get to grips with the fundamental principles of React
- Develop the skills you need to immediately start working on live React projects
- Discover via separate examples how React is used to build business logic and user interface
Book DescriptionYou already know you want to learn React JS, and a smarter way to learn React is to learn by doing. The React Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can create dynamic, component-based web applications and interactive React UIs that provide exceptional user experiences. You'll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The React Workshop, you'll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understanding React. You won't have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you're short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day or spend an entire weekend learning about two-way data binding. It's your choice. Learning on your terms, you'll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical print copy of The React Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you'll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive content updates. You'll even earn a secure credential that you can share and verify online upon completion. It's a premium learning experience that's included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your React book.
Fast-paced and direct, The React Workshop is ideal for React beginners. You'll build and iterate on your code like a software developer, learning along the way. This process means that you'll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with React fundamentals and best practices
- Understand how to write concise, clear, and readable React code
- Discover tricks and tips to solve common real-world challenges
- Work with different techniques to fetch and manipulate data
- Learn how integrate your applications with external third-party APIs
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for developers who want to set up and create web applications using React and create their own components with the latest best practices. If you want to know how to solve common problems in React, you'll find this book useful. To understand the concepts explained in this book, you must know jаvascript, HTML, and CSS. Knowing es 6+ will be an advantage, but is not required to understand this book.
2. Dealing with React Events
3. Conditional Rendering and for Loops
4. React Lifecycle Methods
5. Class and Function Components
6. State and Props
7. Communication between Components
8. Introduction to Formik
9. Introduction to React Router
10. Advanced Routing Techniques: Special Cases
11. Hooks – Reusability, Readability, and a Different Mental Model
12. State Management with Hooks
13. Composing Hooks to Solve Complex Problems
14. Fetching Data by Making API Requests
15. Promise API and async/await
16. Fetching Data on Initial Render and Refactoring with Hooks
17. Refs in React
18. Practical Use Cases of Refs