- eBook:Empirical Macroeconomics and Statistical Uncertainty: Spatial and Temporal Disaggregation of Regional Economic Indicators
- Author:Mateusz Pipień, Sylwia Roszkowska
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:August 7, 2020
- Pages:120 pages
The empirical analysis focuses mainly on GDP and its growth in the context of Poland. However, all of the methods discussed can be easily applied to other countries. The approach used in the book views spatial and temporal disaggregation as a special case of the estimation of missing observations (a topic on missing data analysis). The book presents an econometric course of models of Seemingly Unrelated Regression Equations (SURE). The main advantage of using the SURE specification is to tackle the presented research problem so that it allows for the heterogeneity of the parameters describing relations between macroeconomic indicators. The book contains model specification, as well as descriptions of stochastic assumptions and resulting procedures of estimation and testing. The method also addresses uncertainty in the estimates produced. All of the necessary tests and assumptions are presented in detail. The results are designed to serve as a source of invaluable information making regional analyses more convenient and – more importantly – comparable. It will create a solid basis for making conclusions and recommendations concerning regional economic policy in Poland, particularly regarding the assessment of the economic situation.
This is essential reading for academics, researchers, and economists with regional analysis as their field of expertise, as well as central bankers and policymakers.
2. Importance of regional data for policy evaluation
3. A review of official statistics describing economic conditions in NUTS- 2 regions in Poland
4. Basic properties of the model of Seemingly Unrelated Regression Equations
5. NUTS- 2 disaggregation of the Polish GDP: preliminary analyses within SUREdiag
6. NUTS- 2 disaggregation of the Polish GDP: including other explanatory variables
7. Concluding remarks
Download Empirical Macroeconomics and Statistical Uncertainty: Spatial and Temporal Disaggregation of Regional Economic Indicators PDF or ePUB format free