- eBook:The Natural Language Processing Workshop: Confidently design and build your own NLP projects with this easy-to-understand practical guide
- Author:Rohan Chopra, Aniruddha M. Godbole, Nipun Sadvilkar, Muzaffar Bashir Shah, Sohom Ghosh, Dwight Gunning
- Data:August 17, 2020
- Pages:452 pages
- Get familiar with key natural language processing (NLP) concepts and terminology
- Explore the functionalities and features of popular NLP tools
- Learn how to use Python programming and third-party libraries to perform NLP tasks
Book DescriptionDo you want to learn how to communicate with computer systems using Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques, or make a machine understand human sentiments? Do you want to build applications like Siri, Alexa, or chatbots, even if you've never done it before?
With The Natural Language Processing Workshop, you can expect to make consistent progress as a beginner, and get up to speed in an interactive way, with the help of hands-on activities and fun exercises.
The book starts with an introduction to NLP. You'll study different approaches to NLP tasks, and perform exercises in Python to understand the process of preparing datasets for NLP models. Next, you'll use advanced NLP algorithms and visualization techniques to collect datasets from open websites, and to summarize and generate random text from a document. In the final chapters, you'll use NLP to create a chatbot that detects positive or negative sentiment in text documents such as movie reviews.
By the end of this book, you'll be equipped with the essential NLP tools and techniques you need to solve common business problems that involve processing text.
What you will learn
- Obtain, verify, clean and transform text data into a correct format for use
- Use methods such as tokenization and stemming for text extraction
- Develop a classifier to classify comments in Wikipedia articles
- Collect data from open websites with the help of web scraping
- Train a model to detect topics in a set of documents using topic modeling
- Discover techniques to represent text as word and document vectors
Who this book is forThis book is for beginner to mid-level data scientists, machine learning developers, and NLP enthusiasts. A basic understanding of machine learning and NLP is required to help you grasp the topics in this workshop more quickly.
2. Feature Extraction Methods
3. Developing a Text Classifier
4. Collecting Text Data with Web Scraping and APIs
5. Topic Modeling
6. Vector Representation
7. Text Generation and Summarization
8. Sentiment Analysis
Download The Natural Language Processing Workshop: Confidently design and build your own NLP projects with this easy-to-understand practical guide PDF or ePUB format free