- eBook:Automated Testing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central: Efficiently automate test cases in Dynamics NAV and Business Central
- Author:Luc van Vugt
- Data:April 30, 2019
- Pages:222 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Leverage automated testing to advance over traditional manual testing methods
- Write, design, and implement automated tests
- Explore various testing frameworks and tools compatible with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Book DescriptionDynamics 365 Business Central is the new cloud-based SaaS ERP proposition from Microsoft. It's not as simple as it used to be way back when it was called Navigator, Navision Financials, or Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision. Our development practices are becoming more formal, and with this, the call for test automation is pressing on us.
This book will teach you to leverage testing tools available with Dynamics 365 Business Central to perform automated testing. We'll begin with a quick introduction to automated testing, followed by an overview of test automation in Dynamics 365 Business Central. Then you'll learn to design and build automated tests and we'll go through some efficient methods to get from requirements to application and testing code. Lastly, you'll learn to incorporate your own and Microsoft tests into your daily development practice.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to write your own automated tests for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
What you will learn
- Understand what automated tests are, and when and why to use them
- Explore the five pillars of the Testability Framework of Business Central
- Design and write automated tests for Business Central
- Make use of standard automated tests and their helper libraries
- Integrate automated tests into your development practice
Who this book is forThis book is for consultants, testers, developers, and development managers working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Business Central. Being a book on automated testing techniques, it also caters to both functional and technical development teams.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Automated Testing
Section 2: Automated Testing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Chapter 2: The Testability Framework
Chapter 3: The Test Tool and Standard Tests
Section 3: Designing and Building Automated Tests for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Chapter 4: Test Design
Chapter 5: From Customer Wish to Test Automation - The Basics
Chapter 6: From Customer Wish to Test Automation - Next Level
Chapter 7: From Customer Wish to Test Automation - And Some More
Section 4: Integrating Automated Tests in Your Daily Development Practice
Chapter 8: How to Integrate Test Automation in Daily Development Practice
Chapter 9: Getting Business Central Standard Tests Working on Your Code