- eBook:The HTML and CSS Workshop: A New, Interactive Approach to Learning HTML and CSS
- Author:Lewis Coulson, Brett Jephson, Rob Larsen, Matt Park, Marian Zburlea
- Data:November 28, 2019
- Pages:698 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- An HTML and CSS tutorial with step-by-step exercises and activities
- Structured to let you progress at your own pace, on your own terms
- Use your physical print copy to redeem free access to the online interactive edition
Book DescriptionYou already know you want to learn HTML and CSS, and a smarter way to learn HTML and CSS is to learn by doing. The HTML and CSS Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can build your own static web pages from scratch, or work with existing themes on modern platforms like WordPress and Shopify. It's the perfect way to get started with web development. You'll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The HTML and CSS Workshop, you'll take an engaging step-by-step approach to beginning HTML and CSS development. You won't have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you're short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day or spend an entire weekend learning about CSS pre-processors. It's your choice. Learning on your terms, you'll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical print copy of The HTML and CSS Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you'll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive free content updates. You'll even earn a secure credential that you can share and verify online upon completion. It's a premium learning experience that's included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your HTML CSS book.
Fast-paced and direct, The HTML and CSS Workshop is the ideal companion for a HTML and CSS beginner. You'll build and iterate on your code like a software developer, learning along the way. This process means that you'll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the key features of HTML5 and CSS3
- Learn how to integrate animation, media, and custom themes
- Understand how you can easily customize and maintain CSS
- Develop your own mobile-first approach while designing websites
- Learn how to diagnose and resolve common style and structural problems
Who this book is forOur goal at Packt is to help you be successful, in whatever it is you choose to do. The HTML and CSS Workshop is an ideal HTML and CSS tutorial for the HTML and CSS beginner who is just getting started. Pick up a Workshop today, and let Packt help you develop skills that stick with you for life.
Chapter 2: Structure and Layout
Chapter 3: Text and Typography
Chapter 4: Forms
Chapter 5: Themes, Colors, and Polish
Chapter 6: Responsive Web Design and Media Queries
Chapter 7: Media – Audio, Video, and Canvas
Chapter 8: Animations
Chapter 9: Accessibility
Chapter 10: Preprocessors and Tooling
Chapter 11: Maintainable CSS
Chapter 12: Web Components
Chapter 13: The Future of HTML and CSS