- eBook:The jаvascript Workshop: A New, Interactive Approach to Learning jаvascript
- Author:Joseph Labrecque, Jahred Love, Daniel Rosenbaum, Nick Turner, Gaurav Mehla, Alonzo L. Hosford, Florian Sloot, Philip Kirkbride
- Data:November 29, 2019
- Pages:802 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- A structured, straightforward introduction to jаvascript for beginners
- A jаvascript tutorial with step-by-step exercises and activities that help build key skills
- Structured to let you progress at your own pace, on your own terms
- Use your physical print copy to redeem free access to the online interactive edition
Book DescriptionYou already know you want to learn jаvascript, and a smarter way to learn jаvascript is to learn by doing. The jаvascript Workshop focuses on building up your practical skills so that you can develop cutting-edge applications for web, mobile and desktop users. Alongside knowledge of HTML and CSS, jаvascript is a key skill for those looking to enter professional web development. You'll learn from real examples that lead to real results.
Throughout The jаvascript Workshop, you'll take an engaging step-by-step approach to understanding jаvascript code. You won't have to sit through any unnecessary theory. If you're short on time you can jump into a single exercise each day or spend an entire weekend learning about functional programming and unit testing. It's your choice. Learning on your terms, you'll build up and reinforce key skills in a way that feels rewarding.
Every physical print copy of The jаvascript Workshop unlocks access to the interactive edition. With videos detailing all exercises and activities, you'll always have a guided solution. You can also benchmark yourself against assessments, track progress, and receive content updates. You'll even earn a secure credential that you can share and verify online upon completion. It's a premium learning experience that's included with your printed copy. To redeem, follow the instructions located at the start of your jаvascript book.
Fast-paced and direct, The jаvascript Workshop is the ideal companion for jаvascript beginners. You'll build and iterate on your jаvascript coding skills like a real software developer, learning along the way. This process means that you'll find that your new skills stick, embedded as best practice. A solid foundation for the years ahead.
What you will learn
- Learn how you can work with jаvascript to develop for the modern web
- Discover ways to write clean and maintainable jаvascript code
- Learn how to use unit testing to write bug free and stable jаvascript code
- Simplify your workflow with package managers like Gulp, Grunt, and Webpack
- Improve the performance of your web applications with server-side jаvascript
- Explore ways to access and process external resources within your jаvascript application
Who this book is forOur goal at Packt is to help you be successful, in whatever it is you choose to do. The jаvascript Workshop is an ideal jаvascript tutorial for the jаvascript beginner who is just getting started. Pick up a Workshop today, and let Packt help you develop skills that stick with you for life.
Chapter 2: Working with jаvascript
Chapter 3: Programming Fundamentals
Chapter 4: jаvascript Libraries and Frameworks
Chapter 5: Beyond the Fundamentals
Chapter 6: Understanding Core Concepts
Chapter 7: Popping the Hood
Chapter 8: Browser APIs
Chapter 9: Working with Node.js
Chapter 10: Accessing External Resources
Chapter 11: Creating Clean and Maintainable Code
Chapter 12: Using Next‑Generation jаvascript
Chapter 13: jаvascript Programming Paradigms
Chapter 14: Understanding Functional Programming
Chapter 15: Asynchronous Tasks